Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have been trying to research this liquor bottle, but

I have been trying to research this liquor bottle, but cannot seem to find one like it anywhere online and assume that it is a rare one, especially with the Flambe glazing and clear precise markings on the base with original sticker to front and cork in the top. Please see attached photos. Unsure if it is worth anything or something? and would love to find out. It is 9.1/2" tall and 6.1/2" wide and in very good condition considering its an old bottle. Appreciate your help, once again, Carolyn.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for requesting me. I will work on this and get back to you in a bit.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Carolyn,Sorry for the delay, it is early morning here and I needed a cup of coffee first!Garnier made their liquor bottles out of pottery and glass in the 1970's and their marketing plan was to make beautiful bottle that people would want to collect even after the drink was gone. The bottles were made as birds, butterflies, dogs, fish, ducks, and other more exotic animals. Each one is hand painted, so they are all the same shape mold but painted with slight differences. The website below is a comprehensive visual list of most of the bottles.http://www.minibottlelibrary.com/mbl/alpha/garnier/animals-birds-fish/Your bottle is the Swallowtail Butterfly bottle number 328 from 1971 and once held Creme de Menthe.Yours has a current value of $30GBP.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer, thanks!