Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

While clearing out my deceased mothers house I have found a

Customer Question

While clearing out my deceased mothers house I have found a bible dated 1683. It is The New Testament. The leather binding is original tho' loose. It is 9 and a half inches tall. Width 7 and a half inches and thickness 2 and a quarter inches. The outside of the pages are dirty but the the pages themselves are clean and perfectly legible. It uses an F for an S.After Revelation there is a whole separate section called The Harmony of The Gospels. It is difficult to understand / read because of the S and F letters. I do not know who wrote it. There is a page at the beginning of a chapter called 'A Preface To The Revelations' which has kind of a time line. The heading says 'A Scheme of the Order and concurrence of the Prophesies of The Revelation wherein the substance of the whole may be seen in one view'.I have also found book called Charles Dickens RARE PRINT COLLECTION Edited by SEYMOUR EATON.Published for Private Circulation. R.G KENNEDY AND CO; Philadelphia. Connoisseur Edition No. 550 Part one thro nine.Last but not least I found a book in a green leatherbound cover called 'The ANNUAL REGISTER or a VIEW of The HISTORY, POLITICKS ( sic) and LITERATURE For the YEAR 1766. LONDON: Printed for J.Dodsley, in Pall Mall 1767. Once again S is replaced by F which again makes it very difficult to read.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question, however I only assess one item or matched set per question. At your convenience, please choose one and let me know. ~Nora