Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I would love to know what this teapot is, where it comes

I would love to know what this teapot is, where it comes from and for the marks to be confirmed as maybe Qianlong Nian Zhi? can you also advise if this is worth something or nothing, I brought it for £8. It is very heavily decorated and floral pattern and gold gilt stands out lovely, there is no damage at all, the handle is al fully working and when you tap the pottery it has a very fine chink to it, so assume it is a good quality? await to here your expert opinion. Thanks for help, again.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,This is a faux Qianlong Nong Zhi mark. You can tell because the mark is stamped in red over the final glaze and not hand written. That is just one of the telltale signs, the other is the shiny gold details. This type of gold paint was used in the 1950's through 1960's to follow a trend in porcelain at the time. So, this teapot was made in Hong Kong in the 1950-60 time period. It would have a current value of 15 to 20 GBP.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.