Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a full size bronze casting of, I believe, an Australopithecus

Customer Question

I have a full size bronze casting of, I believe, an Australopithecus skull which apparently came from a house clearance sale in Tanzania. Do you have any idea where I could obtain further information about it?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello - hopefully the pictures are ok.. I have placed an iPhone 6 in a couple of them for scale [apologies but no ruler to hand]. I bought this in a curio shop in Zanzibar a couple of days ago. James
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the photos. I will have to opt-out on this piece as it is not familiar to me. Another expert will step in and answer. They will be able to see all of your pictures. I will not be able to respond once I opt-out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry - in retrospect I think I should have said bronze representation of a hominid skull rather than 'casting' of an Australopithecus skull.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This
happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please continue trying to find an answe for me. Thanks, James