Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in decorative arts especially ceramics, silver, paintings, and furniture.
63759197

Dear SirsI was dealing with Robert S He valued a few

Dear SirsI was dealing with Robert S He valued a few items for me fine I gave an open charge card and would like him to continue and do the rest i sent him pictures of pleasethank youwilliam bateman
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.
Hi William,This is Robert here again. Hope you are doing well.Thanks for making contact with a new thread, here are the appraisals for the next two items:(1) Mahogany gaming table.This may possibly be Irish, there's a hint of Celtic revival in the carving, a revival that was just beginning when this piece was made. It dates to the last quarter of the 1800s when rococo ornament became fashionable again. I would describe it as:An early Victorian mahogany fold-over gaming table, last quarter 19th century, the shaped top having a molded edge that opens to an inset playing surface, and rotates to reveal a container for cards and counters, enclosed by a serpentine frieze, veneered and centered with applied carving of scrolling acanthus, raised on a carved baluster pedestal and four shaped supports, each with strapwork carving, and terminating in volute scrolls and original brass & ceramic casters. Full retail/replacement/insurance value $6000.(2) Victorian photograph album. Circa 1883.A leather bound photo album with colour illustrated pages celebrating Britain's glories in arms. Complete index beginning with Departure of the Romans from Britan - 420 to the Battle of Tel-El-Kabir, Sept 13th 1982. Containing carte de visite (CDV) style family photographs. The cover tooled and deeply embossed in Gothic-revival motifs, exterior condition good to poor. Full retail/replacement/insurance value $250. Hope this helps!Best wishes,Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for thatWould you have a look at the bamboo carvings and 2/3 of other items next and carry on with rest at your convienceyou have credit card if you waant resent just advise thanks william
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome, glad to have helped.Can you initiate another question (remember to put "For Robert S. only.." in the subject line) and I'll do the next two.I don't seem to have photos of the bamboo carvings, so could you very kindly attach those there.I can also do the Belleek shell dish. How big is it?Many thanks,Robert