Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I would like you to confirm that this is a "medallion" 10"

I would like you to confirm that this is a "medallion" 10" Chinese plate, I really cannot find the makers marks online, a couple of them look familiar, but unsure of the rest. I have seen some plates like this, but this one has four flowers on the back as well, maybe this means something. Can you also advise if this is worth something or nothing. I brought it for £5.00. Regards,
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is a more modern version of a Chinese Famille Rose plate. This plate was made in China circa 1970's to 90's as an imitation of the late 1800's version of these wares. The actual famille rose wares are not marked at all and have an orange colored hue to the bottom seats. This mark is a modern potter, unknown, this mark is not familiar to me. This plate has a value of 10 to 20 GBP.Do click the stars to accept this answer, thank you!