Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I purchased this very large (13" tall x 7.1/2" wide) assumed

I purchased this very large (13" tall x 7.1/2" wide) assumed Satsuma crackle vase online for £2.99 believe it or not, and was wondering because of the very intricate details, almost like a 3D effect, is this something or nothing. It is very heavy and I cannot seem to find the mark to verify anything online, as you can see from the photos it says in gold writing made in japan, then the red mark is above that? I feel sure this is genuine as the marks are under glazing. I would love to know about this vase and of course whether it is worth more than the price I paid. Really appreciate your guidance and help, Carolyn.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is a 1950's era Japanese earthenware vase. The mark reads Made in Japan in both Japanese and English. Raised designs(bas relief in art terms) and the extra shiny gold paint indicate a 1950's through 70's piece rather than an 1880's-1900 piece of Satsuma pottery. This vase has a current value of 20 to 30GBP. Do click the stars to accept this answer.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Please select the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit.This part is necessary to complete your question and costs nothing extra. Thanks again!