Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

Final question today. I have a bible, 1825 and the

Final question today.
I have a bible, 1825 and the inscription inside says, "Mary Lay, The Gift of His Majesty, George the Fourth, July 9th 1825". Any idea how much it could be worth. Front cover detached but all pages excellent.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, At your convenience, please send an image of the Bible cover, publisher/title page(s) and the inscription in it. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try to send a photo of the cover. the file size apparently is large.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I have your email contact?. Will send image of cover via Bigfile transfer.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email. Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, On today's market, this Bible retails for an average of $750 - $950. The gift inscription to the owner being from King George IV can help add to the value and bring it up to $1000 - $1500. You may also want to check to see if this has a 'hidden' fore-edge painting. Here is a link for you about such so you can check if yours has one:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fore-edge_painting Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks so much for another positive rating. Please feel free to contact me anytime here by adding "For Nora Only" at the beginning of a new question. Cheers, Nora