Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Please can you advise what this pot is, its roughly

Please can you advise what this pot is, its roughly 3.1/2" wide and 4" high (base to top of buddah). I bought it for £9 and feel sure that the marks on the base are Qianlong Nian Zhi? I have no idea what the pot is made of, assume bronze and marble, but I am puzzled as inside and outside under the metalwork in places, appears quite blue? although it feels like marble?. The lions have links in their mouths that move and then there are two dragons either side as well. The lid is very fine work, and appears to be a buddah sitting on the top holding a little something, but I cant make out as I assume it is very dirty. Hope you can advise if the mark is correct, what it actually is/was used for and of course is it worth anything or nothing at all. Regards, Carolyn. (Apologies if some of the photos are a bit blurry).
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is a contemporary Chinese/Tibetan incense burner made of silvered brass and quartz.The mark on the bottom is illegible from this photo, but it likely a tribute to the period to make it look older than it is.These are plentiful for sale on sites like Alibaba.com in different color stones or quartz or jade and variants of finials such as lions, foo dogs and deities. I actually own one of these myself just because I thought it was beautiful. The value of this piece is $75.00.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.