Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a bright copper framed oblong wall mirror 240 x

I have a bright copper framed oblong wall mirror 240 x 335mm. Heavily ornate embossed copper decoration including cherubs and mermaids and surmounted with a coronet marked with an A. A poetic line written across the top is from Sir William Davenant (English 17th century poet). Awake Awake the morn shall never rise till she can dress her beauty with your eyes. Velvet backing approx 20mm deep. I am having trouble attaching a photo !
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing. If that feature does not work, then we can try another option.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi rarewares ,I would love to but am having difficulty attaching any photo due to the high resolution and file size.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

If the Add Files feature on your screen does not work for you,
you can go here and use the UPLOAD IMAGES blue button then paste the address
back here in the text box and I'll be able to see all of your items.

You can email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line.
Use the same email that you used when creating your account so that they will recognize you.
These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://imgur.com/a/GOn7iThank you for the tip ,I hope you can see the attached link
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Got it, thanks! I will work on the answer and be back in a bit. No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond again.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is an art nouveau period copper repousse mirror made circa 1890-1910 on the cusp of the Arts and Crafts period when copper was just beginning to be used as a decorative element. This is a bit of a mixture of the styles. The piece is British, maker unknown. The value of this piece is $300 to $400USD or $200GBP to $275GBP.

Do click the stars to accept this answer.