Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have 6 small egg cup shaped items stamped EPNS but are

Customer Question

I have 6 small egg cup shaped items stamped EPNS but are smaller than standard egg cups. They are approx 60mm high and the open top is approx 35mm diameter. Any idea what they may be? Possibly a christening present?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.

Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the cups and the marks on the bottom.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Photos attached as requested.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

These are cordials , intended to be used to drink liquor after dinner. The mark is EPNS meaning Electro Plated Nickel Silver.

These were most likely made in India in the 1960's based on the shallow engraving design on the outside.

I have seen many sets like this from experience. The boxed set of six silver plated cordials have a current value of $35.00USD/ 24.06GBP.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your quick and informative reply.
Regards, Jeff
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the positive rating!
If you have another item, just start a new question and put 'forCustomer#39; in the beginning to get me again.
I specialize in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, jewelry and just about everything else.
You never know what you might have!