Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a 15ct Pigeon blood red spinel. The shape is

Customer Question

I have a 15ct Pigeon blood red spinel. The shape is rectangular and emerald cut. Top grade clarity no inclusions. How much approx for this size per carat should I sell for?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

The carat price depends on the quality, cut and color, for a Piegon Blood Red Spinel, the average high carat price $1000 - $1200 per carat.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora - I am talking of the finest quality, level 1 VVS - there is nothing like it! I took the stone to a gem expert today and he said that the quality was the best he'd ever seen. We already discussed the average pricing per ct and he agreed that given the size and unique quality of this gemstone I would have to have it evaluated by a Gemologist.Your answer doesn't really qualify for giving expert advice as you have not even asked to see pictures or asked any questions.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order to corroborate with the gem expert you met with today, I would need to inspect the gem in person under a loupe. Unfortunately, photos, in this case will not serve as a proper inspection of a gemstone. However, the going price per carat for top quality Pigeon Blood red spinel stones is $1000 - $1200 on today's market. A lesser quality one sells for $200 - $300 per carat. I can send you a premium services offer for sending the gem to be inspected in person if you like.

~Nora