Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Painting by £104

Painting by ***** ***** £104
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Greetings.
The painting was a gift from my son until we decorated the house and there is now nowhere for it to go and rather than consign it to obscurity we decided to use EBAY but of course that was just laziness on our part hence why we have went down the line of a valuation first.
There are three small small chips at the corners as I have highlighted in the photos, if there is any intrinsic value could you advise us on the next step even if it is EBAY.Thank You.John Farrell
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is a piece by contemporary artist ***** ***** (Australian that lives in Paris). He was once a stock broker before becoming an artist, so this piece reflects his previous connection to finance. This piece, an oil on linen (with the nicks noted) has a current value of $3,000 to $4,000USD on the secondary market (auctions, online). This is one of his older, smaller pieces. The new works are selling for $6,000 to $10,000 in galleries (primary market, direct from artist).

It would be a good idea to contact and auction house that deals in fine art near you and consign to them. Ebay does not have the proper audience for fine art. You can go to liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.