Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I should be so grateful opinion on this pealware

Hi, I should be so grateful for your opinion on this pealware staffordshire ( I was told by the seller) basket.Measures 18 cm (7 inches) long and 16 cm (6 1/4 inches) wide.
The overall condition is great. An old repair where a part of one handle has been glued back and there is an old hairline on one side. Couple of factory glaze pops on the bottom and some crazing. I have attached pics from the original seller's website whch I saved. Many thanks
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is Glenda,
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.

Your Petal Ware has an estimated value of $40.00-55.00 ( as is ) thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.

.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
As appraisers we do not work for the Just Answer Site. We are independent appraisers who are verified to answer questions for the Just Answer site.
.
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give. You must click one of the stars
( or rate expert ) in order for us to be compensated for answering your question. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.
.

It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
:) ( smiles )
.
Please keep in mind if another expert answers behind me and you are happy with my answer, please make sure to click the rating for me! It may appear confusing since their answer would come in to your email after mine does.
.
Glenda

Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.

Let me know if you still need help with this question.

I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this. So this answer can be rated by you .

I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda

Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.