Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

Here is another item on which I would much appreciate your

Here is another item on which I would much appreciate your appraisal please. It was sold to me as an 18th century Worcester porcelain basket. The description was "Beautifully pierced and applied with tiny flowers, the interior painted with delicate flowers.As you can see in the pics the handles are lacking, there is a sizable section that has been broken away and reglued with some small losses to the piercing and flowers and some small areas of fill applied, overall its not actually that terrible.
Measures 20cm long x 18.5cm wide x 7cm tall."
If you think it is of any value I may consider getting a quote for restoration. Many thanks Best wishes Sue
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sue
.

The Basket has an estimated selling value on Etsy ( as is repaired nicely) for $40.00-45.00

Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
As appraisers we do not work for the Just Answer Site. We are independent appraisers who are verified to answer questions for the Just Answer site.
.
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give. You must click one of the stars
( or rate expert ) in order for us to be compensated for answering your question. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.
.

It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
:) ( smiles )
.
Please keep in mind if another expert answers behind me and you are happy with my answer, please make sure to click the rating for me! It may appear confusing since their answer would come in to your email after mine does.
.
Glenda