Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I should be most grateful if you could appraise this Royal

Customer Question

Hi I should be most grateful if you could appraise this Royal Winton Welsh Characters dish please. It is in good condition with no cracks or chips and measures 3 1/4" high and 6" in diameter. Many thanks. Sue
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls.
I give my best answers in writing when I have time to think about them.
Sometimes a "Chat box" will pop-up asking if you would like a live conversation. Please know it is not from me.

Thank you for the information.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I should return within 40 minutes.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Doris,
Many thanks for taking the time to research for me. I will never be in a rush to receive a response.
Kind wishes
Sue
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

"Royal Winton" was a trademark used by Grimwade's after 1930.

At auction, a Grimwades plate like yours sold recently fr $7.81.

See the following image.

An realistic estimated retail value would be $20-25.

I wish I had better news.

Online auctions like eBay generally bring wholesale selling prices.

If you would like to sell close to estimated retail, some ideas are:

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites.

Etsy.com - small fees - 20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.
Artfire.com
Bonanza.com
Amazon Marketplace: http://services.amazon.com/content/sell-on-amazon.htm/ref=footer_soa?ld=AZFSSOA

A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of estimated retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put "For Doris Only" at the first of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your time spent on this Doris. I won't be retiring on that item in my loft :-)
Best wishes, Sue
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

No, Not just yet.

Here is the forgotten photo.

Thank you so much for the positive rating.

If you have questions in the future, please request me by typing “For Doris only” at the first of the question. Most of the other professionals on the site will honor that request.

Thank you again.