Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I would be very grateful if you could look at this dessert

I would be very grateful if you could look at this dessert dish please. I believe it to be 19th century English porcelain of moulded design. It has two handles fashioned as leaves, and is pierced in 14 places. The dish is richly gilt and stands upon a base. It is of of very good quality. Pattern number 2/4813 on the base. There are a couple of very faint stress cracks on the base(see pic), dish is in excellent condition. It measures 12 1/2 inches. Many thanks Sue
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Glenda,
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.
.
The 19th century English porcelain Dish has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $175.00-250.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.

You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
As appraisers we do not work for the Just Answer Site. We are independent appraisers who are verified to answer questions for the Just Answer site.
.
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give. You must click one of the stars
( or rate expert ) in order for us to be compensated for answering your question. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.
.

It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
:) ( smiles )
.
Please keep in mind if another expert answers behind me and you are happy with my answer, please make sure to click the rating for me! It may appear confusing since their answer would come in to your email after mine does.
.
Glenda