Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I should be very grateful if you could give me your kind

Customer Question

I should be very grateful if you could give me your kind opinion on this early Worcester Flight bowl please. It is 7 1/2 " diameter. There is no restoration. Gilding is good. There is just an old very small inside chip on the base rim of the bowl
Sue
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls.
I give my best answers in writing when I have time to think about them.
Sometimes a "Chat box" will pop-up asking if you would like a live conversation. Please know it is not from me.

Please send me one more photo....one of the marks on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "attach file" or "add file" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Doris,
Here it is - sorry if it didn't come out ok.
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

I saw your previous photo like this. I had just hoped there would be more marks.

Thank you for the information and photos.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I should be back within 45 minutes.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

As you probably know, your beautiful plate dates late 18thC bssed on its Worcester Flight crescent mark.

My research indicates that it would have an estimated retail value of $475-600 depending on sale location.

Online auctions like eBay generally bring wholesale selling prices.

If you would like to sell close to estimated retail, some ideas are:

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites.

Etsy.com - small fees - 20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.
Artfire.com
Bonanza.com

These sites are excellent and more upscale but fees are higher. I only recommend them if you have several items to sell.
GoAntiques.com
Rubylane.com
Tias.com
cyberattic.com
trocadero.com

A method that could be very effective would be to place a classified in the "Maine Antique Digest" It has a large readership of collectors all across the country.

I highly recommend this method. They only charge $25 for 25 words in a classified ad. This publication is a monthly newspaper as well as on their internet website.

http://www.maineantiquedigest.com/advertising

A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of estimated retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put "For Doris Only" at the first of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OOOh Doris - that's more like it. Thank you. When I sell I will definitely remember to tip you. Kind wishes, Sue
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Nice, yes!

Thank you so much for the positive rating.

Best,

Doris