Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

Doris, I should be most grateful if you could appraise this

Hi Doris,I should be most grateful if you could appraise this Minton vase for me please. Details are:-
IT MEASURES 14 inches & HAS NO CHIPS, NO CRACKS AND DEFINITELY NO RESTORATION WHATSOVER, OVERALL CRAZING CONSISTENT WITH AGE. Marked 2973
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome. Thank you for requesting me!

Thank you for your patience.

I just studied your photos.

I need to see a clear photo of the Minton mark. The style of the mark is the best way to date china.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "attach file" or "add file" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

i look forward to seeing that photo.

If another professional enters our exchanges, please feel free to tell them you are working with me, if you wish.

Kind regards,

Doris.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Doris,
Thanks for your reply. Ive taken some more pictures which I hope are clearer. Its difficult because the marks are not on the flat part of the base but the curve. In most of my pics the MINTON sign is upside down. The middle of the word is less clear.The pattern number is ***** and there is also a little flower ( daisy?) or star. I do hope these help and am very grateful for your thoroughness. Kind wishes Sue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I missed out these
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information and excellent photos.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I should be back within 40 minutes.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Again,

Thank you for your patience.

I wanted to make sure that I did a thorough search for your vase.

From my research I was able to determine an estimated auction value of $75-125 for your Minton vase.

Furthermore, the estimated retail value would be $200-300 depending on condition (crazing) and sale location.

In general, a private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of estimated retail value.

You can set the retail price at what you see others are selling for in retail shops online or in the retail shops around you.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 10% more than retail values.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put "For Doris Only" at the first of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.

If another professional enters our exchanges after my answer here, please feel free to tell them you are working with me, if you wish.

Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much for the positive rating. If you have questions in the future, please request me by typing “For Doris only” at the first of the question. Most of the other professionals on the site will honor that request.

Thank you again.