Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

Many thanks detailed information on my choc pot. You are

Customer Question

Many thanks for that detailed information on my choc pot. You are certainly very knowledgable. I paid £105 a few years ago so will be happy if/when I sell it. I have attached pictures of another item I have stashed away. I absolutely adore it ( call it George) and would like to pay for restoration if it proves economical. I believe ir to be by ***** ***** for Minton, but have never seen another one like it. If you could possibly give me a ball park figure on vale it will help me decide. Here are the details I was given on purchase
This fantastic early jug was made by the famous Minton porcelain manufacturers, from the United Kingdom. It was produced during the 19th Century, and was possibly designed by ***** *****. It is decorated with an intricate relief moulded design, featuring neo-classical figures, vines and foliage, picked out in vibrant colours, to a muted coloured ground. It is further embellished with a relief moulded faun form handle, and a relief moulded ram's head form spout. The jug is hand painted and is finished in high quality gloss glaze.The jug is marked to the base with an impressed numerical backstamp, and various other details. It is a big piece measuing 13 ins high. Many thanks, Sue
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 7 months ago.

Good Morning,

.

The High Relief Majolica Jug, does appear to be Designed by Minton's Famous artist ***** *****. He worked for Minton during the mid to late 1800's. The Jug has an estimated value on the current market for an average of £855.00 - 900.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.

.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
As appraisers we do not work for the Just Answer Site. We are independent appraisers who are verified to answer questions for the Just Answer site.
.
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give. You must click one of the stars
( or rate expert ) in order for us to be compensated for answering your question. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.
.

It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
:) ( smiles )
.
Please keep in mind if another expert answers behind me and you are happy with my answer, please make sure to click the rating for me! It may appear confusing since their answer would come in to your email after mine does.
.
Glenda

Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you Glenda.
On that information I will definitely send "George" to hospital. Can't wait to see him in his full glory. Kind wishes Sue

Hi Sue,

I should not take much to repair him, I would not think he does not appear to be in too bad of a condition.

Glenda