Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I oil painting DOVASTON I would like to know how much i can

Customer Question

hello I oil painting MARGARET DOVASTON I would like to know how much i can sell it and whether it's orginal
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 1 year ago.

I cannot tell you if this is an original that would have to be done in person by an appraisers, so they could inspect the aspects of the painting. I can give you what the work of this artist is currently going for on today's art market. If you can tell me if this is an Oil on Canvas, what is the subject matter and what size is it. If possible can you send a picture?

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pls send me email address

.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
.
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The DOVASTON Surname Hall of Fame - Margaret Dovaston
www.gone-butnotforgotten.org.uk538 × 403Search by image
"The Tall Story" by Margaret DOVASTON
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=margaret+dovaston+oil+paintings&espv=2&tbm=isch&imgil=62LEiePPI2LuRM%253A%253Bx97wXrSJWTPbOM%253Bhttp%25253
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This first looks exactly like my

Are you saying you have the Painting, the Tall Story ? Or you have a print made from her painting the Tall Story? The original would be worth thousands of dollars.

Yes I know who she is and I am familiar with her work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have it on canvas tall story
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to be sure of an original check like this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Who can I check this in London

That is a good idea to have this looked at in person, if you have an original Margaret Dovaston it could be worth thousands.

I will get you a list of persons you can contact about having this authenticated. If that is what you would like for me to do?

Glenda

Glenda