Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I wonder if you could appraise this lovely Worcester trio

Customer Question

Hi, I wonder if you could appraise this lovely Worcester trio please. Here is the information I was provided with on purchase
"here is a finest quality, beautifully hand-gilded porcelain trio, made in england, by royal worcester in 1932. this superlative set was probably made for tiffany's of new york; for reference, please see the illustrated letter from the museum of worcester porcelain, which is a testament to the high standard of quality of the trio.
the trio is marked with the pattern number "c2702 j". it is decorated in a scrolling, art nouveau influenced design, with rich raised gilding on a powder blue ground. this type of hand-raised and tipped gold would have been exceptionally expensive to produce.
the tea cup measures 2 1/4 inches in height and has a diameter of 4 inches.
the saucer has a diameter of 5 3/4 inches.
the plate has a diameter of 6 inches.
in overall excellent condition; no chips, cracks or restoration
Many thanks, Sue
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 1 year ago.

.

The Trio has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $250.00-275.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.

As appraisers we do not work for the Just Answer Site. We are independent appraisers who are verified to answer questions for the Just Answer site.
.
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give. You must click one of the stars
( or rate expert ) in order for us to be compensated for answering your question. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.
.

It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
:) ( smiles )
.
Please keep in mind if another expert answers behind me and you are happy with my answer, please make sure to click the rating for me! It may appear confusing since their answer would come in to your email after mine does.
.
Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Glenda,
Thanks for your contact ( or possibly automatic) I won't be asking any more questions because, as you hinted might happen, my subscription fee for "unlimited" questions has been cancelled - no reason given but I assume that I asked too many. Thank you for all the help you provided to me. Kind wishes, Sue

Sue

You are very welcome, it was a pleasure working for you. If you come back feel free asking for me. I am a very real person! lol not automatic!

Glenda