Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A SMALL SILVER SPOON SIZE OF A TEASPOON

Customer Question

I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A SMALL SILVER SPOON SIZE OF A TEASPOON OBLIQUE (ROUNDED SORT OF EGG SHAPE) AT THE SCOUP WITH BRITISH BIRMINGHAM HALLMARK WITH A BOLD LETTER ,P IN A POINTED ENDED BOX I CANT MAKE OUT FOR SURE OTHER TWO BUT ONE LOOKSLIKE ALEFT FACING LION AND CURLED TAIL. INITIALED IT BOLDLY AT BACK OF THE SPOON AND WITHIN SCOUP CENTRAL CROSSED SHAPED BY THE REST. MY QUERY IS IT OF A GOOD AGE AND THE MAKER AND IF IT IS VALUABLE
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kan,

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your spoon.

Could you very kindly attach a photo of it and a clear one of the marks and I'll identify it for you and give you a value.

Many thanks,
Robert

PS. Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

If you get stuck go here for help.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Alternatively, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone they would have photos posted here in about two minutes. Thanks R.