Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

How much is a Cobb&Co EPNS tea set worth?

How much is a Frank Cobb&Co EPNS tea set worth?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.

Please send a photo of your set.

To send photos you may use the "reply to expert" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

I will be pleased to help you.

Kind regards,
Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sadly I do not have a good cell phone for taking photos. If I call you will it cost me extra money on top of my joining fee of £26.00?
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Yes. There is an additional cost and I am in USA.

Please describe your set to me.

What pieces are there?

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have a tea pot with a black handle,the handle is a bit loose. The mark underneath is an F.C in an oval shape with & Co in a second oval shape followed by an S in a circle and EPNS put in to a shield shape with the EP above the NS. The words Hard Soldered are underneath and the number 1148 and Made in England after that. I also have the milk jug and the sugar bowl.
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

I need the design of the set. What is the decoration and shape?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tea pot,sugar bowl and milk jug have straight edges on their upper sections which begin to create a curved shape as they reach their oval bases which also have corresponding straight edges. Underneath the tea pot there is the letter 'T.'. I hoe this is helpful.
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information.

Unfortunately, plated silver has dropped significantly in value in the last 25 years.

Your Frank Cobb plated silver tea set would have an estimated retail value of 230 GBP assuming as described and depending on sale location.

In general, a private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 10% more than retail values.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.

If another professional enters our exchanges after my answer here, please feel free to tell them you are working with me, if you wish.

Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much for the positive rating. If you have questions in the future, please request me by typing “For Doris only” as the first three words of the question. Most professionals on the site will honor that request.

Thank you again.