Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have 2 and gall ladle spoons and want to sell them Trying

Customer Question

Hi I have 2 walker and gall ladle spoons and want to sell them
Trying to identify them more in detail. On hallmark After the W & H the letter appears to be either a.....U or a ....V. Not sure which, doesn't have lion symbol after that just the w & h flag.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you got the photo yet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Try and Send again
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I got one of the two ladles. I'd love to see just one of the mark a bit closer. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cant send photo won't upload what happens now I gave paid £20 so far can't afford anymore thanks Julie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I am here.

Not sure why another photo will not upload, I will answer without another photo then.

Give me a few minutes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I have tried for Half an hour to upload and taken 3 photos one at a time to upload each time. Yet it won't send .sorry .
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is a pair of Walker and Hall silver plated ladles made from 1885 to 1905 based on these marks

(I was able to blow up the picture enough to see what was needed).

The lower case gamma letter in the shield is the mark of this period.

The A1/EP are the marks for A1 quality Electroplate.

The value of these ladles is £40 each retail.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I try and send you another photo of an assortment of silver and silver plated small spoons to ask you what you think the selling price should be approximately. Thank you
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I do one item/matched set per question, so you would start a new question for each 'set' and put 'forCustomer#39; in the beginning of the question so that it would be saved for me. It is possible that it will only let you add 1 pic with the inquiry, but once I say hello, it will let you add more.