Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Bachelor of Arts Degree (summa cum laude); 10+ years exp.
48688175

I've seen a Lebus 1950s sideboard on an auction site here in

I've seen a Harris Lebus 1950s sideboard for sale on an auction site here in the UK, and I want to know how much it's worth. I have attached photo. Thanks in advance.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 5 months ago.

Is this not the same Sideboard I just answered for you?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
HelloI think you may have been in touch with my wife earlier today. I am keen to get a second opinion from another expert, if that's OK? I'm not too keen on the piece, and want to be sure about it.Thanks,Jason

Hello Sure

No problem, I will opt out of this one.

Glenda

Expert:  Diana F. replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you and your wife out.

.

That's a great midcentury modern sideboard. Harrius Lebus was a pretty big furniture manufacturer in the West End before closing down in the late 1960s. The piece you're looking at would have been part of their last effort to keep the company going.

.

It's a sideboard with patterned doors, simple pulls and splayed legs. It looks to be in excellent condition. Given the age and style, it should be worth about £850 to £1250.

.

If there's anything else I can do or you have any other questions, please let me know.

.

I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales.
.
Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you.
.

If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.

.

I look forward to working with you again.
.

Have a great evening.
.
~Diana

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you very much for your insight Diana, it's very helpful. I notice that you're in the States, so can I just confirm that your valuation applies to the UK market?
Expert:  Diana F. replied 5 months ago.

Hi. You're very welcome. I'm glad I could help. I'm in the states but, yes, the values are based on sales in the UK market and the value I gave was in pounds. =).

.

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

.

.

.

.

Best Wishes,
~Diana

Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
Experience: Bachelor of Arts Degree (summa cum laude); 10+ years exp.