Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a Tiffany & co sterling plate that was my

I have a Tiffany & co sterling plate that was my grandfathers , on the back is Tiffany & co , sterling , 5373 , 10 1/2 in , do I need to get it insured ? How old is it ?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and the marks that you have described. I will be able to date the plate by the mark.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the front and back of the plate .
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is a circa 1900 reticulated sterling silver bowl in pattern number 5373 made by Redlich Silver Company of New York FOR Tiffany and Company.

Redlich made sterling for many of the high end stores in the US from 1890 to 1946. Items that were made BY Tiffany have a different mark with numbers and date codes. You can still call this a Tiffany bowl since it was made FOR their stores, but I wanted to be clear about what it really is since the fact that it was not made BY Tiffany reduces the value a little bit.

This 10 1/2" bowl should weigh between 8 to 9 troy ounces and has a current value of $300.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.