Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

Glenda my father left me a small collection of jade and

Hello Glenda
my father left me a small collection of jade and pre-ban ivory pieces. I would like to know an estimated value in the current market please as I am thinking of putting them on GoAntiques. I went to see a gentleman in my town and while he loved the pieces and thanked me for showing him, he said they were way out of his league and way above the local market. There are 7 items in all is there someway I can send you photos of them please?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 8 months ago.

I will be happy to help you with two items per question. If you can upload images then I will get a value for you.

.

You can use the attach file button, if there is not one then there should be a paper clip on the top of your page you can use to upload images to this message area.

Glenda

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
please find attached more photos

There are no photos attached.

Glenda

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
sorry about all of this Glenda. I will send the photos via the justanswer email.
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 7 months ago.

Ok thank you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello Glenda
Customer(Lissy Woeller) here again with my final jade piece for you to look at.This amazing one is 20.5cm high and stands at 23.5cm when on its stand. It is around 16.5cm across and 1.144 kilograms (1144 grams).Your help will be very much appreciated.Thank you

I have not gotten any pictures from justanswer forwarded to me yet. I will let you know as soon as I do.

Glenda

I received some pictures of the jade. Can you tell me, is this more then one Dragon figurine? It is a little hard to distinguish if this is more then one or the same one at different camera angles. Please give me the sizes?

I have not gotten the last pictures yet.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello GlendaI sent a single email for each individual jade piece. So it will only be one piece just different angles. It is very detailed and I tried to capture all the different aspects.
If it is the one where it is holding up a dark ball the details are as follows.
It stands at 20.5cm tall alone and 23.5cm when it is on its rosewood stand. It is 18cm in length and approximately 9cm wide. It weighs 1.144 kilograms (1144grams) without the stand.
The black carved ball also contains a smaller solid ball that rolls around.

Good Morning

The Dragon figurine is valued at $650.00-750.00.

I also got a few other pictures but, I am not sure what they are ?

Can you give me a list of all that you have sent with the sizes of each item?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry About this Glenda. When I sent the photos through I did list all the sizes in the emails. Maybe they are just forwarding the photos on to you instead of the entire email. I will do up a list of everything and post it shortly.

Thank you, ***** ***** only forward pictures.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Jade ItemsJadeite Lion Creature - green with pink swirls. stands 2.5 inches high and is 3.5 inches long. weighs 6.3 ounces.Jadeite Lions (?) one on top of the other - standa 5 inches high and 2.5 inches in length. weighs 10.5 ounces.Big dragon piece - 8 inches high and 6.5 inches long and weighs 40.4 ounces.Ivory CarvingsAnimals on tusk - is 11.5 inches tall and is 4.5 inches across. the base is 2 inches thick. it weighs 26 ounces.Lions guarding carved ball - is 5.25 inches tall and has a circumference of 8.5 inches. it weighs 8.5 ounces. the rings move freely and inside the large carved ball is another small carved ball that rolls around.Fish carving - stands 4 inches high and 6.5 inches across. it weighs 6.9 ounces. the back of this piece has been so finely carved you can see the outline of your fingers through it.Erotic piece - is 8 inches in length and stands around 4 inches high ( 5.5 when on its stand). it weighs 3.7 ounces.Sorry again for all this trouble. I hope this helps.
Customer

Yes, this does help a lot thank you. I will look these up be back in just a little while.

Here is the current market value for you the items you have.

.

Jadeite Lion Creature - green with pink swirls. stands 2.5 inches high and is 3.5 inches long. weighs 6.3 ounces. -$125.00-135.00

Jadeite Lions one on top of the other - 5 inches high and 2.5 inches in length. weighs 10.5 ounces. -$145.00-150.00

Big dragon piece - 8 inches high and 6.5 inches long and weighs 40.4 ounces. -$650.00-750.00.

Ivory Carvings

Animals on tusk - is 11.5 inches tall and is 4.5 inches across. the base is 2 inches thick. it weighs 26 ounces.-$850.00-950.00

Lions guarding carved ball - is 5.25 inches tall and has a circumference of 8.5 inches. it weighs 8.5 ounces. the rings move freely and inside the large carved ball is another small carved ball that rolls around. -$650.00-675.00

Fish carving - stands 4 inches high and 6.5 inches across. it weighs 6.9 ounces. the back of this piece has been so finely carved you can see the outline of your fingers through it. -$700.00-750.00

Erotic piece - is 8 inches in length and stands around 4 inches high ( 5.5 when on its stand). it weighs 3.7 ounces.-$1***-**-****.00

.

Prices are depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it, clicking the top star on the top left of the page does this, thank you for taking time to rate this.If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.

Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.