Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a large 2'6" by 2' Mappin and Webb Princes plate

Customer Question

I have a large 2'6" by 2' Mappin and Webb Princes plate serving tray (W9209) engraved on the occasion of my great Grandfathers wedding in Ayr in 1910. In very good order.
Can you approximate value ?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
A Mappin and Webb Princess plate serving tray that

dates to circa 1910 has a current value of £100 to £150 retail

These are silver plated items when marked Princess Plate

and do not have the same high value as they would if they were made of sterling silver.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.