Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a set of 4 silver? egg cups, but the marks on them

Customer Question

I have a set of 4 silver? egg cups, but the marks on them are difficult to read. There is a six sided stamp with something above a small M. The name on them looks like M3NENSESL or M&NENSESL. Also a stamp surrounded small lines as if you were drawing the rays of the sun with a large M shape with the middle line right to the bottom and small lines to the side.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I have just been conned out of £26. I cannot give you another email address as I only have the one I tried to give you. you won't accept it so it seems I'm in an impossible situation. Please cancel my question and refund the £26. thankyou
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I get a response by email if you won't acknowledge my email address?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please send two photos - one of a cup and one clear, close-up of the marks on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "reply to expert" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Kind regards,

Doris