Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a teacup which was found in a deserted mining village

Customer Question

I have a teacup which was found in a deserted mining village near Glasgow. It has pink shapes on a darker pink base and there is gilding on the base, the rim and the handle. The inside is white with a thin line of gilding near the top. Underneath there is a trademark which says 'made in Romania below an oval design which has 'Cluj' at the base of a figure of a flower in an oval frame, not easy to make out. The village existed from 1840 to 1950 approximately. Could this cup be contemporary with the village?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried to send pictures of the cup and the trademark but I'm not sure if they went properly. If they do not reach you could you send me an email address to send them as attachments.
I want to know when the cup was made if possible, failing that the dates of the factory which made it.I am trying to establish whether the cup is contemporary with the village or has been left there more recently.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

There are no photos here. Here are some detailed instructions below in blue that might help. If that does not work, I have also listed two other ways to get pictures to me.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

If the Add Files feature on your screen does not work for you,
you can go here and use the green NEW POST button then paste the address
back here in the text box and I'll be able to see all of your items.

If that is too much bother, you can email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line.
Use the same email that you used when creating your account so that they will recognize you.
These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way (might be overnight).