Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a breakfast/tea set, milk jug, bread plates and egg

Customer Question

I have a breakfast/tea set, milk jug, bread plates and egg cups with stamp TYNE Salisbury China, then a stamp of a crown, England 8663. This was bought in the 1970's as an antigue and has been in our possession ever since. It has never been used by us - just sat in the china cabinet. Can you give me any information and value. Thank you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, I amCustomerand I will respond back as soon as I research your question.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the set and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know how to add pictures on the internet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never received an answer re my breakfast/tea set
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I requested photos of the set and of the mark, a visual idea of what you have is necessary in order to assess the set and adding pictures does not cost anything extra. I can answer in full once I see what you have, thanks!

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I received the photos in my email today, thank you!

Your set of Salisbury China in the Tyne pattern dates to the 1930's

and has a value of 20GBP per cup and saucer set, 10GBP per salad/desert plate, 10GBP per egg cup, and 10GBP for the plate under the egg cup in the photo. There is a photo of another plate, which is an under plate for a teapot in this same pattern, this piece has a value of 30GBP.

The second set is made by Soho Pottery from their Solian Ware Series, this set dates to 1930 to 1944. The pot is valued at 55GBP, the demitasse cup and saucer 20GBP, and the open sugar bowl (missing the lid)is valued at 8 to 10GBP.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit, thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. Can you tell me if GBP means Great Britain Pounds or Pence. Thankyou.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Great Britain Pounds, sorry that I did not clarify that.