Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President of the Association of Online Appraiser
57035021

I HAVE A CONSTABLE THE VALLY OF STOUR PRINT BY THE VICTORIA

HI I HAVE A JOHN CONSTABLE THE VALLY OF STOUR PRINT BY THE VICTORIA AND ALBERT MUSEUM LONDON IS THIS OF ANY VALUE THANKS
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 11 months ago.

Hello Martie,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

What printed information appears in the margins or on the back of your print?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hi it says by the courtesy of the Victoria and albert museum London is very old tho not new

John Constable (1776-1837), painted this image in 1936, shortly before his death. The original is housed in the Victoria and Albert Museum.

Sine this item was sold in the museum gift shop, it is not rare.

If it is in perfect condition, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your print is approximately GBP 40. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or GBP16, depending on location and actual condition.

Many people feel that the older an item is, the more it is worth. This is not the case -value of multiple items such as reproduction prints are not higher if the print is older. Condition is more of a factor than age.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Martie.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Thanks for your positive rating, Martie.

If you have additional items you want to know about, I'd be happy to help you with those. If you want me to answer your questions, all you need to do is use my name, Judith, as the first word of each question.
Best regards,
Judith-on-Antiques