Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have an antique porcelain plaque set into a silver gilt

I have an antique porcelain plaque set into a silver gilt frame which is marked 800. The plaque has the numbers 5544 and 54 on the back but nothing else. Could you identify the Country and the maker from this?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

At your convenience, please send images and dimensions.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dimensions 5.5cms x 4cms. Bail is marked 830. Photos attached.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

There is one image showing here of the front. At your convenience, please send a photo showing the backside and a close-up of the marks. Also, just to clarify, is it marked 800 or 830?

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Having had a closer look at the bail it is in fact marked 830. Attaching photo of the back.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to provide a close-up of the 830 mark?

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience. The 830 mark denotes this as Scandinavian silver; likely from Finland or Denmark. The image on the porcelain plaque was transferprinted and not hand painted. On today's market, your circa 1910 necklace pendant in 830 silver with a porcelain portrait plaque can sell for $40 - $70.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much for your help.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi~

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please add "For Nora Only” at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.

Sincerely,

Nora