Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have a signed photo of the late & Queen with our present

Customer Question

Good morning
I have a signed photo of the late King & Queen with our present Queen and Princess Margaret as young girls. Dated 1937
Signatures are ( George R.I.) & ( Elizabeth R)
The photo is within a black wooden frame.
This has been in my family for over fifty years it was given to my late grandmother by one of her friends whom worked at Balmoral.
Would this photo be of any value
William
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome, William! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Your photo was made/signed in the first year of the reign of George VI - 1937. Edward, Duke of Windsor, abdicated that year.

This special year makes the photo and its signatures more valuable. My research indicates it, if verified, would have an estimated retail value of $2200-2400 assuming good condition and depending on sale geographic location.

Collectors will want the signatures officially verified by an independent agency to realize this significant retail price.

See the following image for the name of a service in England that verifies signatures.

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 10% more than retail values.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.

Expert:  Doris replied 11 months ago.

I forgot to check the ratings mark. Please rate me here.

Kind regards,

Doris