ncsunburst
ncsunburst, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antique Dealer
61108514

We have a silver fruit bowl and would like to know the age

We have a silver fruit bowl and would like to know the age and value of it please.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 8 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. If you can please post a photo of the bowl and any markings so I can give you an accurate value and age of the bowl. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How do l do that?

Hi, You can click the paperclip icon on your screen then click browse then choose your photos then click OK or if there is an add files box on your screen click that and it will walk you through the steps or you can email the pictures to***@******.*** attn. Mike in Appraisals. Once I receive the photos I'll give you the age and value of your owl. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have the photos but it won't let me send.

Hi, Thanks are there any markings on the silver basket? Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
D&S. then a crown, Lion Nd the numbers 11. I will email the photos to you if that's OK.

Hi, Yes please send a photo of the marks. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sent.. hope it works. :- ).

Hi, Here is an example of the marks but this has a date letter of W where yours is Nd is this like your mark? I can not see the mark in your last photo. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Second photo sent... phew!!!

Hi, Still no photo of the mark. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Oh heck... sorry for all the trouble.. I will try it again...

Hi, OK Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Any good this time?

Hi, Sorry no photo does it look like the photo I sent?. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The first three are correct but the last stamp looks like a number 11 but roman numbers.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Did you receive the first photo of the bowl itself?

Hi, Thanks yes the number is ***** a pattern number, D & S into three coinjoined circles not identified but might be Davis & Sons, the crown means Sheffield hallmark, the lion means the bowl is of sterling silver 92.5% the letter is for the date of 1953 and the value of the bowl is from good condition $375.00 to excellent condition $525.00 in US dollars. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance don't hesitate to ask.

PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Experience: Antique Dealer
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you Mike... what does that amount mean in English pounds please.

Hi, 288.45 to 403.83 in pounds. Thanks Mike

for helping you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Many thanks!!
Jayne

Hi, Jayne, Your Welcome if you ever need help in the future just ask. Thanks Mike