Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I HAVE A DRAWING ATTRIBUATED TO GUERCINO SIGNED GUIRCINO

I HAVE A DRAWING ATTRIBUATED TO GUERCINO SIGNED GUIRCINO DEL. IN THE BOTTOM LEFT HAND CORNER.MY MOTHER WAS AN ANTIQUE COLLECTOR WHO SPECIALISED IN RARE PRE PAINTING LINE DRAWINGS.I WANT TO KNOW WHAT VALEU IT MAY HAVE.I WOULD LIKE TO SELL IT IF POSSIBLE.NO PROBATE INVOLVED SHE DIED 13 YEARS AGO AND IT IS MY PERSONAL PROPERTY.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the print,
signature and back of frame where there might be labels or writing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its not a print its a line drawing from the 17th-18th century.I can add pictures showing the signature
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

The word del. indicates that this is a printed piece,

the word del. meaning FROM or OF and is common wording on engraved, etched and printed pieces.

The water damage not bleeding any ink is another indication that this is not an original drawing.

Giovanni Francesco Barbieri (1591 - 1666), an Italian artist known for figure, allegorical painting, and frescos.

He did many pen and ink drawing studies before a painting. The drawings were later printed.

This piece has a current value of $100 to $150.00 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit, thanks!