Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I am trying to identify a small EP silverware fork. It has

Customer Question

Hi. I am trying to identify a small EP silverware fork. It has the initials RH in capital letters decoratively monogrammed on the top side of its fiddle shaped handle, the letter R being larger and slightly on top of the letter H. On the reverse of the fiddle shaped handle it is hallmarked as follows (reading in a left to right direction): Capital A in a round circle; capital R.S in an oval box; ampersand in a square looking box (possibly with the corners chamfered); The letters Co in an oval box; a small S (possibly a lowercase) in a pointed shield with the top corners possibly chamfered); and EP (sideways) in an oval box. I acquired this from my Grandmother who passed away some 30 years ago aged 86 whom I recall telling me decades ago that it was given to her by someone who worked in the Gentry owned estate house of Lady Harknett or Harkness (?) possibly somewhere here in Southern Ireland when she was very young. The condition of the fork is poor and the plating is worn in places revealing a silver coloured (nickel?) base beneath.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, I amCustomerand I will respond back as soon as I research your question.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the fork and the marks that you have described.