Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Did Wigfull continue to use the L&W EPNS A.I. circular stamp

Hi, did Henry Wigfull continue to use the L&W EPNS A.I. circular stamp after the partnership ended in 1870?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

That would be the best way for me answer you (to see the mark).

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** really trying to date the cutlery more than anything else.I suppose this is a second question - can you place a value on the 56 piece set?

This is a set of silver plate made by Lee and Wigfull Ltd of Sheffield, England after 1899

when they began using the trade name Insignia Plate on their flatware. I realize this mark does not have

the ltd after the name, but they still used this circular mark after 1899 from what I have found in

my silver books (can't always trust all of what is written on the internet).

The term A1 is the quality of plating and EPNS means Electro Plated Nickel Silver.

The pattern is a 1920's pattern named the Grecian pattern, and the canteen full of

56 pieces has a value of $125 to $160 retail.
Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!