Wayne
Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

I have 2 pictures size A3 of the french artist Claude Joseph

Customer Question

I have 2 pictures size A3 of the french artist Claude Joseph Vernet signed and dated by him would you please tell me how much worth this ??
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: the first pictures written in the back in" the prayer of ararbic" it is translation and signed by H.Vernet original sgnature
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hello am still waiting for the answers
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
am still waiting
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Would it be long to get an answer???
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know answers here are not instantaneous.

Please tell me size of your paintings in inches, not including the frames. Please do not remove from the frames.

Please tell me the medium - oils, watercolors, etc.

My best,

Doris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello Doris,
I send the the photographs
they are size A3
they are photographs
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the pictures dated on 1842, and signed by Vernet the artist as it shows in the pictures

I do not accept requests for phone calls. I give my best answers in thoughtful writing.

Besides, you will have an assessment tp print out. I did not send you the pop-up.

I live in USA. We do not measure our photographs in the term A3. Please tell me size in inches.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
37cmx44cm

I will need to convert the cm to inches.

Thank you for the information and photos.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I should be able to return within 40 minutes.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank you as well for your help

You are welcome.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am waiting for the answer .....thank you

I am sorry but your question requires research. I do not give off the cuff guess-type answers.

I cannot work as fast as you require.

I will release your question so that perhaps one of the other professionals can give you a quick answer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
is it hard to find this artist art work valuation??
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
is there anybody to answer me ?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
still waiting?//
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 months ago.

My name is***** have been buying, selling and appraising Antiques since 1970.
Can you post an in focus photo of the signature and the date?
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hello
am still waiting for the anwser
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I thought I send the pictures to get my answer but still am waiting
I attached the again the pictures to see if I can get my answers
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
is there anyone to answer me??
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello Am still waiting
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I suppose there is no answer for my inquiry .That is not what I expected
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 months ago.

This was done by Émile Jean-Horace Vernet (30 June 1789 – 17 January 1863) was a French painter of battles, portraits, and Orientalist Arab subjects

This appears to be an old Celia toned photo of a painting. Please verify if this has emolusion like a photograph.

Thanks,

Wayne

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for answering me
It is photograph but I wonder how much worth this art work if you don't mind ?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello Wayne,
Could you please valuate my photos please?
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 months ago.

Since these are photos and not engravings they would have decorative value and not as works of art. These photos are of works from the 1840s and are not period pieces as photographs printed on paper were not made until about 30 years later. These would sell for $40-60 each at auction.

Wayne

Please click on the Stars*****When you read this answer

Expert:  Wayne replied 2 months ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and effort without additional cost to you. It was a pleasure working with you.
Thanks,
Wayne