Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

A friend gave me this plant pot. She said that it belonged

Hi there. A friend gave me this plant pot. She said that it belonged to her mother and thinks it's between 100-150 years old. Any ideas on identifying who the pottery mark belongs to. You can make out the word England in black. Thanks in advance.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 11 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no pictures that came with your question.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi there, I've added 2 pictures which I can see have been sent? Can you see them?

This is a circa 1880 barbotine majolica footed cache pot, maker unknown, with a value of $275.00 USD retail.

The mark is not a known mark for any of the English makers,so it could simply be the glazer's initials or even a number.

Barbotine refers to the applied floral elements and majolica is the type of pottery

with these characteristics of shiny and colorful glazes.
To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Wow! Thank you so much for your help! That's wonderful.

---------------------------------
You are so welcome.

Thank you for the positive rating!
If you have another item, just start a new question and put 'forCustomeronly no other appraisers' in the beginning to get me again.
I specialize in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, jewelry and just about everything else.
You never know what you might have!