Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a pair of small hexagonal vases that I am trying to

Hello I have a pair of small hexagonal vases that I am trying to identify where they were made and their age. They are quite small maybe 8 inches tall. Both are marked with a green stamp as DURA WARE written above a Lion standing on its hind legs standing on a horizontal rope. There is also another mark that is in gold that looks like (1 30,) or (1 B0,).
I have searched on line and in the British Pottery and Porcelain Marks book and the closest that I can find to a match is the mark used by W H Lockitt (but my pieces do not have the WH Lockitt)
Are you able to assist me?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no pictures that came with your question.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the vases and any most importantly, clear photos of the marks you have described.

The feature works best if you add one pic, hit send, then do the next.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
okay, hopefully you should now have a couple of images, did they come through okay?

I did get the photos, give me a bit to research.

No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

(I do not participate in the phone service)

This is a pair of William H. Lockitt (Wellington Pottery, Staffordshire, UK) Dura Ware line

vases made in 1913-1919 based on this mark. This was a line that was inspired by

Japanese Imari that was also popular at the time. The pair of vases have a current

retail value of 80GBP to 100GBP.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!