Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a damaged 1879 5ft Rosewood cabinet bought from W.

Hi I have a damaged 1879 5ft Rosewood cabinet bought from W. GIFFORD the original receipt for £31.00.00. Would this be worth anything and how do I go about selling it?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no pictures that came with your question.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item (and damage) and any marks, labels or writing (receipt).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Have attached photos. The damage is to the right hand glass door. I have the strips of wood, the broken glass and an intact section of glass set in wood surround. There would have been an upper section to this cabinet as there are holes on the surface which don't show up in photos! Hope this helps..
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the pictures.

This W. Gifford 1879 rosewood sideboard has a current value of about £150 in this condition.

Some sites that I recommend are Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, Furnishly.com, Deconet.com, Lushpad, Krrb.com, and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them, which is probably best with a piece of furniture like this.
To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!