Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Over the last weekend I went to a car boot sale and bought a

Customer Question

Over the last weekend I went to a car boot sale and bought a very heavy box of mixed books. At the bottom, l found this. I have a complete set of " Volumes 1 to volume 20 of Printing house square. E.C. The Times 1785 History of The war Illustrated". All in excellent condition, all maps are still bound in, there is minor wear on the heel of some of the volumes.
Can you please advise as to how much these encyclopaedias would be worth. My email address is***@******.***
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, I amCustomerand I will respond back as soon as I research your question.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the set and the title page of the first volume that shows publisher, date published, and edition.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please see attached photos, if you require further evidence, please let me know

Thank you, ***** ***** work on this today and get back to you.

You will get an email when I respond.

Full sets of this authoritative series The Times History of the War by Printing House Square (1914-1921) on the first world war are now rare. Some lack the index volume (Vol. 22), which is also not present in this set. Yours is also missing Vol 21. Since it is not a full set, you might parcel it out for sale.

The bindings are worn as expected with age. The binding is full crimson morocco-boards, gilt to the front and spine. Most of the books look to be in good or better condition, with some rubbing.

That being said, you can part the volumes out for sale at £30 each.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Amazon.com, Biblio.com, Abebooks.com, or Ebay.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.