Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

A painting by E.H.Bibbing, watercolour 1959....Are his

Customer Question

A painting by E.H.Bibbing, watercolour 1959....Are his paintings collectable please.
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: Ernest H Bibbing was chief artist to the Robinson conglomerate of Bristol and did a little painting in watercolour in the 50s
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Painting of a Fisherman sitting on cottage steps, probably in Wales.
Bought on ebay recently, I think I paid too much for it...but I just could not resist, its incredable.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

At your convenience, please send images or a link to the recent ebay auction.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Nora,
Thankyou for your reply.
The ebay number is ***** and the listing was for a painting by H Bibbing.
After some research have found that his name is E.H.Bibbing Ernest H Bibbing. Thanks.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information, I will check it for you.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I am not finding a match to this item number on Ebay, is the number correct or could you send images of the painting and size at your convenience.

Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
Go to ebay, write H.Bibbing painting and click sold listings and there you will find it.
Best wishes Ivor.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ivor,

I did try several variations of searches on Ebay, however the past auction sale on there is not showing. Would it be possible for you to please provide images of your painting here?

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have just done it Nora,
Item no 252616114768 and completed or sold listings, its there.
Any information on Mr E.H.Bibbing other than the Robinson connection would be welcome.
Thanks Ivor
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this past auction sale just is not showing up for me. Perhaps because I am in the US, though I also tried the ebay uk site. I will opt-out and open your question again to all the experts for you.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora