Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have a regina Ironstone plate with a pink rose design in

Customer Question

I have a regina Ironstone plate with a pink rose design in centre-weaved style rim.On back it says Wedgwood & Co.Ltd.England Founded in 1835 by Enoch Wedgwood 3-63. I wonder about this plate
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as a dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.

Please send a photo of the plate?

Can you send me a photo of the marks on the bottom?

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Kind regards,
Doris

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My computer doesn`t enable me to send photos. It just says REGINA IRONWARE in green print. Below that is a green dragonlike icon
WEDGWOOD & CO.LTD.
ENGLAND
FOUNDED IN 1835
BY
ENOCH WEDGWOOD
3-63
The design in a weavelike rim to plate which is nearly 10 inches in diameter. It has a pink rose to centre with leaves, buds and pale purple/blue and yellow flowers. Sorry I can`t give any more information
Expert:  Doris replied 9 months ago.

Let me see what I can do. It may take me an hour.

Kind regards,

Doris

Expert:  Doris replied 9 months ago.

See the following image,

Tell me if this is your pattern?

What size is your plate?

Is there a unicorn in the marks on the bottom?

Does the mark say just "England" or "Made in England"?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry for delay in responding-I had to go out urgently. The pattern of the rose is similar but slightly paler pink with more buds and with added flowers (violet type flowers in a purplish-blue and also pale yellow). The plate is nearly 10 inches in diameter. The mark on the bottom is more like a unicorn lying down with head upraised-rather than dragonlike as I previously said. The mark says "England" just underneath where it says Wedgwood & Co.Ltd.
Expert:  Doris replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Wedgwood mark dates 1965-1980 and indicates the Regina Ironstone plate was made in the Tunstall, Staffordshire factory.

From my research I was able to determine that your 10" plate has an current estimated retail value of $35-45 assuming good condition and depending on sale geographic location.

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 20% more than retail values.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.

Expert:  Doris replied 9 months ago.

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Kind regards,
Doris

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you Doris. It has confirmed what I had thought. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Doris replied 9 months ago.

I am only credited by JA for my work on this question if you rate my answer positively, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Doris. I have replied see above message at 22/11/2016. Thanks again for your help. I have cancelled my membership of the site. Again, many thanks.
Expert:  Doris replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry you felt the need to cancel your membership. I do not see the message you wrote.

Kind regards,

Doris