Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Do any of you know about Pre Columbian South American art? I

Customer Question

Do any of you know about Pre Columbian South American art?I think I may have found something rather special.It is a Carlos V (Charles the fifth) 4 reale coin of 1521. A period where transition was violent and ongoing.It is only apparently Spanish on one side. It seems to be a piece of local art that was already flat and was simply and hurriedly hacked into coin sizes and franked on one side with a crude frank to make the legal tender. Probably to pay for soldiers.Can anyone place the image?It looks to be two obsidian clubs with a head above it and perhaps Fire below.If it is what I think it is.. it's a very cool find indeed. I bought it as an unidentified coin.Any ideas people?
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Pics.
Expert:  Doris replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! I wanted to let you know that someone has seen your question. We thank you for your patience.

I will opt-out so that when the other Appraisals specialists go online, they will see your questions.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Coins not your thing Doris?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 9 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, I haven't. It's a c oss between a coin expert and an expert on South American art,.. a challenge, I know.
Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.