Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My wife has a large collection of pottery and other

Customer Question

My wife has a large collection of pottery and other memorabilia relating to John Wesley, the founder of the Mehodist Church. The collection was put together by her father, himself a Methodist minister. We took some examples to a BBC Antiques Roadshow at Bowood House where my wife was filmed in conversation with Henry Sandon. Frankly she knew far more about the subject than did Henry. The show was broadcast early this summer. Henry nevertheless gave an estimated value to to of the busts he picked out of several thousand pounds. We may have to dispose of the whole collection but have no idea whom to approach to get a sensible valuation for everything. Are you able to advise, please?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for submitting your question to Just Answer.

When an expert signs on that can help you with this they will see it and pick it up for you. I will opt out so they can see this on the board when they sign on.

Glenda

Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

Are you considering the collection for donation or sale purposes?

~Nora

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Probably sale
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

Could you outline what is in the collection and the relation of the pieces to Wesley?

~Nora