Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have what I think is a toddy ladle. Whalebone handle with

Customer Question

I have what I think is a toddy ladle. Whalebone handle with 4 spirals at one end. I don't think it is silver, but the markings on the base are S & (or a shamrock) f , a crown, a letter M. The letters are in gothic style. I have tried to look this up but failed, can you help?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 3 months ago.

Hi Jill,

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to help with your toddy ladle.

Could you very kindly attach a photo of it and one of the marks and I'll identify it for you and give you a value.

Also, how long is it?

Many thanks,
Robert.

PS. Attaching Images: Easy once you have the photos in your computer. If you are using a smart phone camera, simply email them to yourself.
Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me, and then select the image you wish to attach.
If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.
If none of this makes sense, help is here:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
Alternatively, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone they would have photos posted here in about two minutes. R.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Robert
Unfortunately I can't do the photo part (I will have to learn that).
If it helps the length is 38 cm
Let me know if I should get back once I find a passing teenager
Thanks J
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi - no I don't think a phone call is needed, it is not that valuable an item, j

No rush on the photos, I'll be here whenever you're ready. I can work without, but it will only be a guess. I'll be so much more use to you, and be able to give you an accurate value, once I can see the ladle and the marks.

Many thanks,

Robert.

PS. There’s no need to respond to any pop-up phone request. it will cost you extra which you don't need to pay. The phone requests appear to come from me, but do not, they are automatically generated by the site. I don't work for JustAnswer, I operate as an independent appraiser ‘on’ but not ‘for’ the site, so have no control over what they put on your screen! So my apologies for that. R.