Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Silver hallmark: letters W N on a shield shape; crown; lion

Customer Question

Silver hallmark : letters W N on a shield shape; crown; lion rampant then possibly a lower case f. These marks are on a pair of small silver dishes that were passed on to me. I am interested in any information about the marks. Thanks, Melanie
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I look forward to working with you.

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

This is the mark of William Neale and Sons of Sheffield, England

and the lower case f indicates the year code for 1923 if it

is also in a shield type shape. I will add a photo. These dishes

are sterling silver and would have a value of $60USD each.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.